- I am not worthy of this great honor.
- But I congratulate the people that they elected me.
- Now we must all come together, even those of us who really hate each other.
- I love the Constitution, the Union, and George Washington.
- I will work against bad threats.
- I will work for good things.
- We must avoid entangling alliances.
- America's strength=democracy.
- Democracy's strength=America.
- Thanks, God.
Saturday, January 22, 2005
Lessons from 216 years of history online: "The 54 inaugurations prior to this one share a lot in common, as outlined by Ted Widmer in 'So Help Me God,' a delightful article in the Winter 2005 issue of the American Scholar. Widmer distills the typical inaugural address to 10 bullet points:"