"The Rev. Billy Graham will be 87 later this year. He has prostate cancer and uses a walker to get around after a broken hip and pelvis. But the old Billy Graham is still there." ...
"The world we leave behind is about like the world was when I came into the world, just at the end of World War I. And the world was at each other's throats at that time. And thousands were being killed. Today we don't have a world war. But maybe we do in terrorism. But man's heart is the same. I don't see any difference in people's hearts."
"I remember one incident. I had spoken at a breakfast and John Kennedy was sitting beside me. And he whispered to me, he said, 'Will you ride back to the White House with me?' And I said, 'You know, Mr. President,' I said, 'I'm sick.' I said, 'I have a fever and I don't think I ought to ride in the car with you and go to the White House. Let me come over some other time.' And he smiled and he said, 'OK.' And I have often wondered what did he want to talk about? And I never got that opportunity because he died a few months later. And that, to me, is a mystery that I would like cleared up when I get to heaven.
"Graham calls this the last crusade, but he's mulling an invitation to London in the fall, for a rally and what would be his 13th meeting with the Queen.
"How sharp is Billy Graham? Well, right now you could say one lion is reading about two others. He tells me he's halfway through the book 'Franklin and Winston,' by Jon Meacham. In fact, he says he can't put it down."
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Masters of Our Domain
- Reid mentions South Carolina senator for possible ...
- Pro-life groups switch strategy, hoping to secure ...
- It's Not the Heat, It's the Uncertainty
- Breyer casts decisive vote on religious displays
- Rove assumes more public role
- Billy Graham's last U.S. crusade
- Weary Father Left To Count the Days
- Woman kept alive in hopes of saving baby
- Medical Mistrust
- Mini-City Plan Discourages Use of Cars
- Tool to cut spending little used
- Ballgame a New Wrinkle for Metro This July 4
- WiFi now in Historic Old Town, Alexandria
- Activists Priming for Supreme Court Battle
- Senators Mentioned As Possible Justices
- First-place Nationals: happy to have a home
- Want to buy a Cave?
- RadioShack: Strong Signals Amid The Static
- House: Appointment Viewing
- Fresh faces in Congress stress cooperation
- DHS Black Helicopters at Reagan National
- Windows Command Line to be overhauled
- Katherine Harris to Run for Senate in 2006
- Senate Ends Brown Nomination Filibuster
- Stem Cell Advances May Make Moral Issue Moot
- Laptops Outsell Desktops for First Time
- NASA Naps
- Blogs Face Possible FEC Regulation
- Kim Gandy: 'We don't need two Republican parties'
- Psalm 24: "The earth is the LORD's, and everything...
- Bill Clinton on Social Security: "You and I know t...
- AM radio plays vital role: "It may be the computer...
- When it comes to technical security risks, it's am...
- Pssst, Circle R's a secret no longer: "Circle R li...
- Bill Clinton: "Most of the major errors I made in ...
- 'Charisma' lands dozens of retail distribution dea...
- Think Ahead as Hurricane Season Begins: "The 2005 ...
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.