"Coastal residents packed up and evacuated or hunkered down Saturday as Hurricane Dennis lashed the Florida Keys with wind and sheets of rain and charged toward areas still rebuilding from last year's storms.
"More than 1 million people from the Florida Panhandle to Louisiana were under evacuation orders. Landfall was expected Sunday afternoon anywhere from the Florida Panhandle to southeast Louisiana." ...
"The storm, the earliest to reach Category 4 strength in the Caribbean on record, was expected to bring up to 8 inches of rain and 6-foot storm surges Saturday. It was blamed for at least 10 deaths in Cuba and 10 in Haiti."
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- The culture of entrepreneurship
- Laptops travel better with accessories
- VENEZUELA: We are on the way towards socialism
- Japan Joins U.S. in Dangerous Space Race
- Hadley Arkes on the Supreme Court and Women
- Hurricane Prompts Massive Evacuations
- Blogs seen as powerful new tool in U.S. court figh...
- London: Olympics and Terrorists
- No Rest for the Weary
- Timeline: Remembering the Scopes Monkey Trial
- P.G. Man Sells Last Known Farm in Beltway
- Fireworks Crowd in Washington Provides Test of Eva...
- Evangelical Groups Plan Aggressive Drive for Nomin...
- Presidents Not Always Happy With Justices
- Arlington National Cemetery Undergoes First Expans...
- D.C.'s List Of Don'ts Grating on Some Nerves
- EBay sellers fell into careers that fill their liv...
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.