"Space technology is developed for two primary reasons: to better coordinate warfare on Earth; and to profit from naturally ocurring elements found in space. Nations and corporations view space as the 'new world,' where gold can be found on asteroids, water and helium-3 on the moon, and possibly magnesium, cobalt, and uranium on Mars.
"Corporations intend to venture to these planetary bodies and secure massive profits in the years ahead. But first new space technologies have to be created that make it possible, and cost effective, to 'mine the skies.'" ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- The culture of entrepreneurship
- Laptops travel better with accessories
- VENEZUELA: We are on the way towards socialism
- Japan Joins U.S. in Dangerous Space Race
- Hadley Arkes on the Supreme Court and Women
- Hurricane Prompts Massive Evacuations
- Blogs seen as powerful new tool in U.S. court figh...
- London: Olympics and Terrorists
- No Rest for the Weary
- Timeline: Remembering the Scopes Monkey Trial
- P.G. Man Sells Last Known Farm in Beltway
- Fireworks Crowd in Washington Provides Test of Eva...
- Evangelical Groups Plan Aggressive Drive for Nomin...
- Presidents Not Always Happy With Justices
- Arlington National Cemetery Undergoes First Expans...
- D.C.'s List Of Don'ts Grating on Some Nerves
- EBay sellers fell into careers that fill their liv...
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.