"Dwight D. Eisenhower called his Supreme Court appointments the 'biggest damn fool mistake I ever made.' Richard Nixon unwittingly named the future liberal author of Roe v. Wade. George H.W. Bush's choice now evokes a GOP grumble, 'No more Souters!'
"As President Bush mulls his first high court decision, he knows well that the notion of picking a Supreme Court justice is indeed risky business. He has to get the justice confirmed and then hope that his choice doesn't disappoint him. Already, he's being buffeted by all kinds of advicenot just the institutional 'advice and consent' role that the Founding Fathers carved out for the Senate." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- The culture of entrepreneurship
- Laptops travel better with accessories
- VENEZUELA: We are on the way towards socialism
- Japan Joins U.S. in Dangerous Space Race
- Hadley Arkes on the Supreme Court and Women
- Hurricane Prompts Massive Evacuations
- Blogs seen as powerful new tool in U.S. court figh...
- London: Olympics and Terrorists
- No Rest for the Weary
- Timeline: Remembering the Scopes Monkey Trial
- P.G. Man Sells Last Known Farm in Beltway
- Fireworks Crowd in Washington Provides Test of Eva...
- Evangelical Groups Plan Aggressive Drive for Nomin...
- Presidents Not Always Happy With Justices
- Arlington National Cemetery Undergoes First Expans...
- D.C.'s List Of Don'ts Grating on Some Nerves
- EBay sellers fell into careers that fill their liv...
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.