"The World's Longest Letter, comprising nearly 4,000 letters handwritten by 8- and 9-year-old school children from across the country, will be officially unrolled at a public ceremony on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, September 15th at 11:30 a.m.
"Sponsored by Pilot Pen Corporation of America, The World's Longest Letter set out to encourage America's children to think about-and write about-their aspirations and concerns for the future of our country. Classes (3rd and 4th graders) from one school in each of the fifty states and the District of Columbia were selected to contribute their letters- addressed 'Dear Mr. President' and incorporated into a half-mile long scroll." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Florida to help you avoid traffic
- Scientists: Earth spins faster at center
- Drunk With Power, Spending Out of Control
- Small Town USA May Offer Solution to Outsourcing
- Senator to Question Roberts on Federal Powers
- A Techie, Absolutely, and More
- Police Scramble to Keep Up With Accelerating Gas P...
- Redskins owner Snyder sets eyes on Six Flags
- Joy-full Work
- Dennis Bakke's Ode to Joy
- Terrorists Publish Metro Map
- Senate legal staffers burning midnight oil
- Justifiable Homocide
- Black Republican group will focus on recruitment
- The Pope, Jesus, and Paul
- Giant Waves Found in the Earth's Oceans
- New IE browser catches up with rivals
- Google vs. CNET
- President Bush, Podcasting
- Allen listens across Commonwealth, hearing a lot o...
- Dear Mr. President
- How To Use Wikis For Business
- Online Courses for home schoolers and high school ...
- Will Congress Ban Municipal WiFi?
- Download the Internet
- Tom Coburn: Bill should die by veto
- Nick Cannon Says His Pro-Life Song No Statement on...
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.