"Before he became founder and CEO of Applied Energy Services (AES), one of the world's largest energy corporations, Dennis Bakke and his business partner talked a lot about the elements of a successful organization. That's when Bakke got an ideaa big idea. 'Let's try to make this company the most fun workplace in the history of the world,' he proposed." ...
"If you're looking for insights into leadership, Bakke won't send you to Fortune or Harvard Business Review. He points to the parable of the talents instead. 'It is a story about decentralization,' he says. 'Work is about letting people take risks and try to make something useful happen with their talents, gifts, and resources. And when they come back, you say, "Well-done, good and faithful servant."'
"Too many Christians shy away from the business world, asserts Bakke: 'They get kind of stuck thinking that the only way they can make a difference is through the church, through ministry. But most heroes of the Bible didn’t work in the church. Joseph was working for a secular king, and he saved hundreds of thousands of people from famine. At AES, we met the needs of over a hundred million people by making their electricity. I think that’s significant to God, as is driving a taxi cab or growing wheat.'"
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Florida to help you avoid traffic
- Scientists: Earth spins faster at center
- Drunk With Power, Spending Out of Control
- Small Town USA May Offer Solution to Outsourcing
- Senator to Question Roberts on Federal Powers
- A Techie, Absolutely, and More
- Police Scramble to Keep Up With Accelerating Gas P...
- Redskins owner Snyder sets eyes on Six Flags
- Joy-full Work
- Dennis Bakke's Ode to Joy
- Terrorists Publish Metro Map
- Senate legal staffers burning midnight oil
- Justifiable Homocide
- Black Republican group will focus on recruitment
- The Pope, Jesus, and Paul
- Giant Waves Found in the Earth's Oceans
- New IE browser catches up with rivals
- Google vs. CNET
- President Bush, Podcasting
- Allen listens across Commonwealth, hearing a lot o...
- Dear Mr. President
- How To Use Wikis For Business
- Online Courses for home schoolers and high school ...
- Will Congress Ban Municipal WiFi?
- Download the Internet
- Tom Coburn: Bill should die by veto
- Nick Cannon Says His Pro-Life Song No Statement on...
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.