"A police officer's Ford Crown Victoria often doubles as an office. An office that has to be heated in the winter, air-conditioned in the summer and go from zero to 60 in seconds. All that takes gas.
"Virginia state troopers burn about 200,000 gallons in their cruisers each month. Sheriff's deputies in one Southern Maryland county drive more than 430,000 miles a month, and state police officers there routinely use a tank of gasoline on every eight-hour shift.
"As fuel prices rise steeply across the nation, the region's police departments are bracing to blow their budgets and, in some cases, are considering strategies to conserve." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Florida to help you avoid traffic
- Scientists: Earth spins faster at center
- Drunk With Power, Spending Out of Control
- Small Town USA May Offer Solution to Outsourcing
- Senator to Question Roberts on Federal Powers
- A Techie, Absolutely, and More
- Police Scramble to Keep Up With Accelerating Gas P...
- Redskins owner Snyder sets eyes on Six Flags
- Joy-full Work
- Dennis Bakke's Ode to Joy
- Terrorists Publish Metro Map
- Senate legal staffers burning midnight oil
- Justifiable Homocide
- Black Republican group will focus on recruitment
- The Pope, Jesus, and Paul
- Giant Waves Found in the Earth's Oceans
- New IE browser catches up with rivals
- Google vs. CNET
- President Bush, Podcasting
- Allen listens across Commonwealth, hearing a lot o...
- Dear Mr. President
- How To Use Wikis For Business
- Online Courses for home schoolers and high school ...
- Will Congress Ban Municipal WiFi?
- Download the Internet
- Tom Coburn: Bill should die by veto
- Nick Cannon Says His Pro-Life Song No Statement on...
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.