"A map of of the Washington Metro system has turned up on an al-Qaeda website that advocates terrorist attacks against Americans. The map, which can also be found on Metro's website, appeared Aug. 11 on a 'password-protected al-Qaeda-affiliated message board,' according to the Site Institute, a terrorist watchdog group.
"The author of the web message encouraged a chemical attack on Metro, saying it could produce 'amazing results.' The writer also said that to ensure 'a true effect in the world,' attacks must be launched upon American soil."
"There was no specific threat against a particular Metro station. Metro officials say they are aware of the message on the Jihadist website. The transit terror threat level was reduced from Code Orange to Code Yellow last week." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Florida to help you avoid traffic
- Scientists: Earth spins faster at center
- Drunk With Power, Spending Out of Control
- Small Town USA May Offer Solution to Outsourcing
- Senator to Question Roberts on Federal Powers
- A Techie, Absolutely, and More
- Police Scramble to Keep Up With Accelerating Gas P...
- Redskins owner Snyder sets eyes on Six Flags
- Joy-full Work
- Dennis Bakke's Ode to Joy
- Terrorists Publish Metro Map
- Senate legal staffers burning midnight oil
- Justifiable Homocide
- Black Republican group will focus on recruitment
- The Pope, Jesus, and Paul
- Giant Waves Found in the Earth's Oceans
- New IE browser catches up with rivals
- Google vs. CNET
- President Bush, Podcasting
- Allen listens across Commonwealth, hearing a lot o...
- Dear Mr. President
- How To Use Wikis For Business
- Online Courses for home schoolers and high school ...
- Will Congress Ban Municipal WiFi?
- Download the Internet
- Tom Coburn: Bill should die by veto
- Nick Cannon Says His Pro-Life Song No Statement on...
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.