"Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who guided New York through the dark days after Sept. 11, said there is no place for second-guessing during an emergency, and he is not interested in criticizing the way government officials handled Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.
"Giuliani said before a speech Tuesday that it is too soon to draw any conclusions about whether the agencies that responded took too long or who was responsible. When the situation stabilizes, he said, the nation can examine the rescue efforts.
"'I don't know that I'd want, at this point, to be a critic,' he said, according to The Virginian-Pilot newspaper. Later, he added, 'I didn't think it was particularly helpful when I was going through this that people were second-guessing me while it was still going on.'" ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- The Senate Guard: defending against fiscal attack...
- The line-item veto: real Katrina relief
- Jimmy Wales, Defender of Wikipedia
- Census Goes Local
- Venezuela: the irony of evangelical broadcasting
- The Custody of Freedom
- Wikipedia Goes Local
- Prayers, Preparations Precede DC Palau Festival
- U.S. Patent Reform Bill
- Hurricane Katrina forecasters were remarkably accu...
- Link Editor: Putting Journalism in Context
- Congress won't sacrifice pork in federal spending ...
- Telecommuting Interest Soars
- Rudy refuses to point finger
- Wikipedia Traffic Booms to New York Times Levels
- Senators Call on Congress to Make Sacrifices
- Unsettled Precedents
- Displacement of Historic Proportions
- Hollywood Uncertain After Summer Bummer
- Aerial Survey of Hurricane Katrina
- Storm Exposed Disarray at the Top
- Kanye West Uncensored
- Hurricane Survivor: 'I'll never leave Australia ag...
- The Collapse of Relief
- Venezuela Suspends Issuing of Missionary Permits F...
- The Essence of Leadership
- Live Blogging from New Orleans
- New Orleans Mayor Issues 'Desperate SOS'
- Airboats Urgently Needed In Louisiana, Mississippi...
- Would Roberts practice the restraint he preaches?
- Members of Congress Lose Homes
- Ham radio operators provide vital link
- Ham radio operators reach out and help hurricane s...
- Is Google's cafeteria a competitive weapon?
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.