"13-year-old Katie Wernecke is no longer refusing her court ordered treatment for Hodgkin's Disease.
"During a hearing, lawyers for Katie said she is now willing to comply with doctor's prescription of chemotherapy and radiation treatment to cure her disease. This change comes as Katie is reportedly fearful she might die if she contues to refuse the treatment.
"Katie remains in foster care, but she wants to be reunited with her parents. On Monday, Judge Jack Hunter will decide if and when she can return to her mother and father." ...
Judge Jack Hunter will decide if Katie gets to see her parents again? This is what makes state institutions like Child "Protective" Services in our country so dangerous.
The Wernecke's Church should be rallying around this family, organizing protests, and demanding that her parents have a right to be parents. The only thing more outrageous than the state taking over the parenting of Katie is those around her family not standing up to the establishment.
I usually avoid using words like "demand" and "outrageous," but this situation merits their use more than most. People need to open their eyes and see what's going on here. This is abuse of power.
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Katie Wernecke gets to go home
- House Republican Study Committee reining in Leader...
- Specter praises Alito
- Harry Reid on Alito: 'we want to cooperate'
- The Nature of Rights
- Bridges to Re-election
- Bush Wants U.N. to Deal With Syria Report
- ABC News: Venezuelan Tribes Protest Chavez Expulsi...
- Trip to Louisiana an eye opener
- Katie Wernecke may never go home
- Young Democrats Sharpen Tactics Against Old Rivals...
- Venezuela Debates New Tribes Mission Expulsion Ord...
- Groups Support NTM Staying in Venezuela
- Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church
- Sen. Coburn: It's about principles, not power
- Senator Gregg: $850k leadership deficit
- George Allen: The Reagan of 2008
- Vonage Goes to Washington
- MA: Oppose Homosexuality = No Voting
- The Abortion Debate No One Wants to Have
- Venezuelans Criticize Missionaries' Expulsion
- NTM: we want to stay so we can help
- NTM: Our goal is to serve indigenous people
- New Tribes Mission Urges Prayer
- Plane-spotting at Gravelly Point
- New Judge for Katie Wernecke coming
- To a very special Dartmouth freshman class...
- New Tribes Mission expelled from Venezuela
- DC Public Transportation Tracking
- On the National Mall, It's a Fresh New Testament
- DC Festival: rains come down, hands go up
- Party Time on the National Mall
- Sens. Coburn & Obama: Rebuilding with accountabil...
- Buying what should be free
- Blogging Past the Censors
- Constructs of the Physical World
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.