"The trial of a Massachusetts man who was arrested after disputing the teaching of homosexuality in his son's kindergarten class has been continued until next month.
"In April, David Parker, of Lexington, spent a night in jail and was charged with criminal trespassing after refusing to leave a scheduled meeting with officials at the Estabrook Elementary School unless they gave him the option of pulling his child out of certain classes.
"Parker says the officials had indicated they would agree to a notification policy then suddenly refused. He insists he has done nothing wrong and is willing to contest the charge rather than plea-bargain."
"The dispute began last spring when Parker's then-5-year-old son brought home a book to be shared with his parents titled, 'Who's in a Family?' The optional reading material, which came in a 'Diversity Book Bag,' depicted at least two households led by homosexual partners."
"Parker insists he has done nothing wrong and represents a danger to no one.
"A no-trespass order issued against him by the schoolwhich includes all district propertyis 'simply an intimidation tactic' against anyone who might protest the school's pro-homosexual policies regarding elementary school children, Article 8 says.
"Parker cannot drop off or pick up his children from school; attend his children's sports events or other school activities; meet with his children's teachers at parent-teacher conferences; attend or participate in school committee meetings; or even vote on election day at his local polling place, a public school." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Katie Wernecke gets to go home
- House Republican Study Committee reining in Leader...
- Specter praises Alito
- Harry Reid on Alito: 'we want to cooperate'
- The Nature of Rights
- Bridges to Re-election
- Bush Wants U.N. to Deal With Syria Report
- ABC News: Venezuelan Tribes Protest Chavez Expulsi...
- Trip to Louisiana an eye opener
- Katie Wernecke may never go home
- Young Democrats Sharpen Tactics Against Old Rivals...
- Venezuela Debates New Tribes Mission Expulsion Ord...
- Groups Support NTM Staying in Venezuela
- Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church
- Sen. Coburn: It's about principles, not power
- Senator Gregg: $850k leadership deficit
- George Allen: The Reagan of 2008
- Vonage Goes to Washington
- MA: Oppose Homosexuality = No Voting
- The Abortion Debate No One Wants to Have
- Venezuelans Criticize Missionaries' Expulsion
- NTM: we want to stay so we can help
- NTM: Our goal is to serve indigenous people
- New Tribes Mission Urges Prayer
- Plane-spotting at Gravelly Point
- New Judge for Katie Wernecke coming
- To a very special Dartmouth freshman class...
- New Tribes Mission expelled from Venezuela
- DC Public Transportation Tracking
- On the National Mall, It's a Fresh New Testament
- DC Festival: rains come down, hands go up
- Party Time on the National Mall
- Sens. Coburn & Obama: Rebuilding with accountabil...
- Buying what should be free
- Blogging Past the Censors
- Constructs of the Physical World
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.