"NTM has 160 assigned missionaries in Venezuela working with 12 indigenous groups. Their teams have been active for nearly six decades.
"New Tribes' Nita Zelenak says their primary concern is for the indigenous people of Venezuela whom their missionaries serve. She adds, 'We would very much welcome an opportunity to address his concerns and to help him better understand our organization and the work that we do there.'
"They are more than a missionary force, she explains, adding, 'In addition to the religious teaching, our missionaries work in areas of humanitarian assistance, community development and literacy.'
"Zelenak urges prayer. 'Probably our first prayer request would be that President Chavez could better understand New Tribes Mission as an organization and the work that we do in Venezuela.'" ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Katie Wernecke gets to go home
- House Republican Study Committee reining in Leader...
- Specter praises Alito
- Harry Reid on Alito: 'we want to cooperate'
- The Nature of Rights
- Bridges to Re-election
- Bush Wants U.N. to Deal With Syria Report
- ABC News: Venezuelan Tribes Protest Chavez Expulsi...
- Trip to Louisiana an eye opener
- Katie Wernecke may never go home
- Young Democrats Sharpen Tactics Against Old Rivals...
- Venezuela Debates New Tribes Mission Expulsion Ord...
- Groups Support NTM Staying in Venezuela
- Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church
- Sen. Coburn: It's about principles, not power
- Senator Gregg: $850k leadership deficit
- George Allen: The Reagan of 2008
- Vonage Goes to Washington
- MA: Oppose Homosexuality = No Voting
- The Abortion Debate No One Wants to Have
- Venezuelans Criticize Missionaries' Expulsion
- NTM: we want to stay so we can help
- NTM: Our goal is to serve indigenous people
- New Tribes Mission Urges Prayer
- Plane-spotting at Gravelly Point
- New Judge for Katie Wernecke coming
- To a very special Dartmouth freshman class...
- New Tribes Mission expelled from Venezuela
- DC Public Transportation Tracking
- On the National Mall, It's a Fresh New Testament
- DC Festival: rains come down, hands go up
- Party Time on the National Mall
- Sens. Coburn & Obama: Rebuilding with accountabil...
- Buying what should be free
- Blogging Past the Censors
- Constructs of the Physical World
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.