"New Tribes officials also have not heard directly from the Venezuelan government, she said. 'All we know is what President Chavez said in his speech.'
"The U.S. State Department is 'watching the situation closely,' said Janelle Hironimus, a spokeswoman. 'We have been in contact with the missionary organizations in Venezuela and, to our knowledge, the Venezuelan government has not required any missionary organizations to leave.'
"A statement posted on New Tribes' Web site said Chavez did not give a time frame for expulsion of the missionaries."
"New Tribes has been in Venezuela since Aug. 1, 1946, and it is one of the organization's largest missions. The missionaries work in 12 tribes and have made five translations of the Bible in the country." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Katie Wernecke gets to go home
- House Republican Study Committee reining in Leader...
- Specter praises Alito
- Harry Reid on Alito: 'we want to cooperate'
- The Nature of Rights
- Bridges to Re-election
- Bush Wants U.N. to Deal With Syria Report
- ABC News: Venezuelan Tribes Protest Chavez Expulsi...
- Trip to Louisiana an eye opener
- Katie Wernecke may never go home
- Young Democrats Sharpen Tactics Against Old Rivals...
- Venezuela Debates New Tribes Mission Expulsion Ord...
- Groups Support NTM Staying in Venezuela
- Pennsylvania Avenue Baptist Church
- Sen. Coburn: It's about principles, not power
- Senator Gregg: $850k leadership deficit
- George Allen: The Reagan of 2008
- Vonage Goes to Washington
- MA: Oppose Homosexuality = No Voting
- The Abortion Debate No One Wants to Have
- Venezuelans Criticize Missionaries' Expulsion
- NTM: we want to stay so we can help
- NTM: Our goal is to serve indigenous people
- New Tribes Mission Urges Prayer
- Plane-spotting at Gravelly Point
- New Judge for Katie Wernecke coming
- To a very special Dartmouth freshman class...
- New Tribes Mission expelled from Venezuela
- DC Public Transportation Tracking
- On the National Mall, It's a Fresh New Testament
- DC Festival: rains come down, hands go up
- Party Time on the National Mall
- Sens. Coburn & Obama: Rebuilding with accountabil...
- Buying what should be free
- Blogging Past the Censors
- Constructs of the Physical World
- ▼ October (36)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.