"Hurricane-ravaged New Orleans will deploy the nation's first municipally owned wireless Internet system that will be free for all users, part of an effort to jump-start recovery by making living and doing business in the city as attractive as possible.
"The system, which Mayor C. Ray Nagin is scheduled to announce at a news conference today, also will be used by law enforcement and for an array of city government functions, such as speeding approval of building permits." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- New Orleans: first public wifi city
- Edward Wernecke: Parental Rights at Risk
- Sen. Coburn supports pay-as-you-go
- Dr. Coburn denied non-profit medical practice
- It's Official: NTM has 90 days to leave Venezuela...
- Judge Alito: Massager of Precedents
- Katie Wernecke's judge had conflict of interest
- Interstate Telecommuting = Double Taxation
- The Big Jesus
- Katie Wernecke returns to Texas
- Budget/Deficit bill: Vote 'no'; no wait, vote 'ye...
- Pastor looks to disorganize religion
- Democrats: public policies rooted in faith
- A House of partisan carrots and sticks
- First Day in Supreme Court Conference
- Professor Alito: on the frontier of law
- Portable Landscaping
- Katie Wernecke on High Dose Vitamin C
- Paul Devlin's Power Trip in Texas
- VA Governor Mark Warner on the Democrats, the defi...
- VA Governor Mark Warner on life, business and poli...
- Justice Kennedy: the next swing vote
- On Alito, Women and Notice
- Katie Wernecke goes home
- Ham radio for home-schoolers
- Katie Wernecke's parents get to be parents
- Alito on abortion: pro-life 1, pro-choice 3
- ▼ November (27)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.