"The last several weeks have provided much giddy vindication for Democratic critics of the Bush administration, with the president now squarely on the defensive for his aggressive anti-terrorism policies."
"But Democrats, who've grown ever bolder in their attacks against what they consider a lawless executive branch, shouldn't saddle up their high horses just yetat least when it comes to condemning the abuse of prisoners on Guantanamo."
"We sometimes forget that during the Clinton presidency, the United States ran an extralegal detention camp on Guantanamoand went to federal court to defend its right to do so. The camp during the Clinton years was by no means the nightmarish operation it is now; certainly, there weren't allegations of torture.
"But Guantanamo under Clinton produced its own share of suffering and abusesand perhaps most important for today, the court decision that shut it down was eventually wiped off the books, thanks to legal maneuvers by the Clinton Justice Department." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Alaska: still to nowhere and beyond
- More surprising than 'little green men'
- Clinton's Guantanamo
- Google Zeigeists: 2005 and You
- Obama shuns limelight, builds record
- From a baby girl to her mommy: beware the monster...
- Luke: Original Christmas in Context
- Our Culture of Distraction
- Brits: What's Easter?
- China: Christians cannot help with AIDS
- Electricity, the aging benevolent dictator
- A Republican leading with moral authority
- NTM Appeals Venezuelan Expulsion
- High Return, Few Investing
- Primary Qualification: No qualifications
- NTM: Forced to sell to the opposition
- Blogging before the Internet
- Bush Administration: Koran, yes; Bible, no
- ▼ December (18)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.