"In the Gospel of Luke, we learn that 'Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.' [Luke 2:1]"
"Luke is the only Gospel writer who links his testimony to political events of the day. And he shows how Joseph, in obedience to Caesar's command, returned with his expectant wife to the city of his ancestor, King David.
FRC: "As we labor here in the capital of the most powerful nation on earth, we frequently remind ourselves of this truth: the power we think we see being wielded in Washington, for good or for evil, is not the final word, it is only passing. God's plans and purposes may not be seen or understood, but they will be accomplished.
"We invite all those who hold office in this great marble city, this modern day Rome, to consider this great truth recorded in Scripture." ...
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- ► 2006 (178)
- Alaska: still to nowhere and beyond
- More surprising than 'little green men'
- Clinton's Guantanamo
- Google Zeigeists: 2005 and You
- Obama shuns limelight, builds record
- From a baby girl to her mommy: beware the monster...
- Luke: Original Christmas in Context
- Our Culture of Distraction
- Brits: What's Easter?
- China: Christians cannot help with AIDS
- Electricity, the aging benevolent dictator
- A Republican leading with moral authority
- NTM Appeals Venezuelan Expulsion
- High Return, Few Investing
- Primary Qualification: No qualifications
- NTM: Forced to sell to the opposition
- Blogging before the Internet
- Bush Administration: Koran, yes; Bible, no
- ▼ December (18)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.