From a C-SPAN interview with the Instapundit.com publisher:
BRIAN LAMB: "You have also called yourself a geek."
GLENN REYNOLDS: "Mm-hmm.
"LAMB: And a dweeb.
"REYNOLDS: Yes, I'm a bit of a dweeb. I'm a law professor. I think you get an honorary dweeb card as soon as they tenure you, at least."
Full Q&A Interview
Actually, I just noticed something very odd. I was watching the video for this interview and following along with the transcript, and they completely stripped from the transcript the question and his answer on immigration!
About 45 minutes into the video, after he says, "I think we have got to let the science decide [about embryonic stem cells]," and before Brian's question "Where are you on George Bush?" there was an entire comment about immigration that C-SPAN left off the transcript!
From 44:34 to 45:46 in the video, Glenn responded with things like, "Nigerian immigrants in my family, ... legal immigration and illegal immigration ... hoops legally vs. easy illegally ... open immigration ... issue in 2008" etc.
Actually they dropped a lot of the exchange about his wife, Helen Smith, too, and her site violentkids.com. The transcript jumps there makes a big jump from "I wouldn't infringe on somebody else's trademark" to "We don’t have a fixed schedule."
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- Honorary Dweeb
- Spying on Venezuela, or Iran?
- Dennis Bakke on Leadership
- S.D. Abortion Bill Takes Aim at 'Roe'
- FL bill would create birth record for stillborns
- Google filters Google as spam
- Google: DOJ, no; Current TV, yes
- Teacher sins; school sins back
- Coburn, the tunnel under spending
- NTM expulsion from Venezuela complete; legal chall...
- NTM Venezuela: 8 days to eviction
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2005 (348)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.