"When Michelle McCusker, 26, got a job teaching pre-school at St. Rose of Lima, a Catholic school in Queens, N.Y., she fulfilled a longtime dream. 'That's what I want to do, to be able to give something to children, it's amazing,' McCusker said.
"But then McCukserwho is Catholic and singlebecame pregnant. She decided to keep the baby and informed the school early in the school year.
"The schoolbacked by the Brooklyn Diocese, which oversees Catholic churches in the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queensfired her.
"'The school requires its teachers to convey the faith, to convey the gospel values and Christian traditions of the Catholic faith,' said Frank DeRosa, a spokesman for the Diocese of Brooklyn." ...
On the letter of catholic law, yes, Miss McCusker has failed to "convey the faith." She sinned.
But isn't it also part of "conveying the faith" to extend forgiveness as well? If so, then the school is at least as wrong for firing her.
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- Honorary Dweeb
- Spying on Venezuela, or Iran?
- Dennis Bakke on Leadership
- S.D. Abortion Bill Takes Aim at 'Roe'
- FL bill would create birth record for stillborns
- Google filters Google as spam
- Google: DOJ, no; Current TV, yes
- Teacher sins; school sins back
- Coburn, the tunnel under spending
- NTM expulsion from Venezuela complete; legal chall...
- NTM Venezuela: 8 days to eviction
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2005 (348)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.