"Business leaders in Georgetown have given their support to a proposal to tear down the Whitehurst Freeway, built decades ago so commuters and others could avoid Georgetown from the Key Bridge to K Street.
"The board of the Georgetown Business Improvement District voted in favor of removing the freeway, which was constructed in 1949."
Georgetown business leaders favor removal of freeway
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- West Nile close to home
- Only Nazi aircraft carrier found in Baltic sea
- Georgetown Leaders Desires: more view, more water...
- Dp you know five neighbors?
- The Symphony Meets The Video Game
- Army Training
- Very Profitable
- Tom Davis, Porker of the Month
- Fly without a security check
- Liberal on Liberal "Moderate" Election Battle
- Medicare's 'Doughnut Hole'
- IE History, versions 1-7
- Hitler's goddaughter proclaims Jesus
- Venezuela's Chavez in Asia
- Orbitz.com top destinations
- Virginia Senate Candidates Agree
- First Gay Marriage Splits
- French beat Americans in vacation days
- Are you wasting $4 billion?
- 4-word 20 seconds lasts 3 years
- Officially Old
- Insects in Space
- Beachfront Antarctic
- Periodic States
- A Valuable Lesson
- Conservative County
- Teen Drinking
- The Bird (Droppings) in Orbit
- Independence Day then and now
- Tweener Days
- What might have been
- Man of Firsts
- Elian, five years later
- From Rains to Mosquitos
- ▼ July (34)
- ► 2005 (348)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.