Mark Batterson: "at the end of our lives, we’ll regret opportunities missed a lot more than mistakes made."
"One of our core values at National Community Church is everything is an experiment. And that experimental approach to ministry gives us the freedom to fail. We’re not afraid of making mistakes. In fact, we’re afraid of not making mistakes because that means we aren’t taking enough risks."
"I’m afraid that too many churches are playing not to lose instead of playing to win. We’re playing a prevent defense instead of storming the gates of Hell."
"Instead of pointing our finger at what’s wrong with culture, the church needs to offer better alternatives."
"We need to stop doing ministry out of memory and start doing ministry out of imagination. We need to stop repeating the past and start creating the future. We need to stop being so afraid of doing something wrong that we don’t do anything right." ...
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe (Ephesians 1:18-19).
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil (Ephesians 5:15-16).
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2007 (63)
- West Nile close to home
- Only Nazi aircraft carrier found in Baltic sea
- Georgetown Leaders Desires: more view, more water...
- Dp you know five neighbors?
- The Symphony Meets The Video Game
- Army Training
- Very Profitable
- Tom Davis, Porker of the Month
- Fly without a security check
- Liberal on Liberal "Moderate" Election Battle
- Medicare's 'Doughnut Hole'
- IE History, versions 1-7
- Hitler's goddaughter proclaims Jesus
- Venezuela's Chavez in Asia
- Orbitz.com top destinations
- Virginia Senate Candidates Agree
- First Gay Marriage Splits
- French beat Americans in vacation days
- Are you wasting $4 billion?
- 4-word 20 seconds lasts 3 years
- Officially Old
- Insects in Space
- Beachfront Antarctic
- Periodic States
- A Valuable Lesson
- Conservative County
- Teen Drinking
- The Bird (Droppings) in Orbit
- Independence Day then and now
- Tweener Days
- What might have been
- Man of Firsts
- Elian, five years later
- From Rains to Mosquitos
- ▼ July (34)
- ► 2005 (348)
- ► 2004 (321)
You don't launch a popular blog,
you build one.
you build one.