- that if you work hard, you'll get ahead;
- that health insurance will keep you from going bankrupt over medical costs;
- that owning a home is a means to financial security;
- that real estate and stock investments always increase in value;
- that Social Security will always be there;
- that your company retirement fund is safe; and,
- that your children will face a brighter future than you.
Of course, we should also keep in mind:
- that we will reap what we sow;
- that owning a home should not mean debt for decades to come; and
- that the estate or death tax is wrong--the state should not tax families and small business inheritance.