Sixteen Simple Ways
You can't give what you don't possess!
Here are some tips for being a life-long learner:
- Get a journal for taking notes in church.
- Set a goal to read at least one non-fiction book a month.
- Pray that God will open your heart to the younger generation.
- Develop a regular plan for reading through the Bible.
- When you hear a speaker, introduce yourself and ask a question.
- Get started on a Bible study you've always wanted to do.
- When you read an interesting book or article, write a personal note to the author.
- Make plans to do something you've always wanted to do.
- Make a list of things you've always wanted to know, and devise a plan for learning those things.
- Take a class in something you've wanted to study.
- Get books on CD and use your commute time to learn something fascinating.
- Check the newspaper for visiting authors or lecturers at local schools or bookstores.
- Call someone you haven't talked to for a long time.
- Get a do-it-yourself book on something you'd like to try and begin making plans.
- Everyday when you wake up ask, "What if..." and dream a little.
- Take two vacation days just to go away and read, think and pray.